At The Guide, we value your secrecy, privacy, and security. Providing the best experience on The Guide website means we require some of your personal information. We endeavor to keep your information safe to reasonable levels. We shall only collect and use it in ways that you and the law permit us to. At no time shall we use your private details other ways apart from those described in this page. This policy page must be read together with our Terms of Service.
- We may use forms to collect your contact information. You’re required to provide the correct name and email and any other information needed. Our login and sign up page require names and passwords. Then, The Guide and its ad partners run Ad-scripts to pick demographic information. Cookies collect your browsing history. The commenting scripts collect your IP address and location. Our social media integration features may also receive the email and public information you have provided on those social media platforms.
- The information we collect from you is intended to promote the provision of services and functioning of our website seamless. Providing such information will help you make access comments, support, registration, purchases and/or future content that is based on your interests.
- We use reasonable means to protect the information you provide us with to the extent required by the law.
- We shall not willingly – unless compelled by the law- transfer the privacy data with local or foreign entities without substantial precautions.
- Third Parties such as Google may place ads on our website. This means they might collect some data and store cookies on your computer to manage their ads. This link explains how Google uses the data it receives from youwhen you use our site.
- We do not store your information for longer than necessary.
- We allow our users to browse our website anonymously to the extent permitted by the law.
- In case The Guide is involved in a merger, rebranding, franchise, partnership, agreement or entire buy out with other parties, your personal information shall be part of the assets we shall transfer or share. From that moment, your data shall be used as per the agreements of that partnership.
- In the case that you want to buy any of our services, we may require you to provide payment information to our gateway partners. The use of such information shall be governed by the specific payment gateway companies that you choose. We shall not be liable for such info.
Information we collect
We may need you to provide your name, email address, password and contact info to us through our registration forms. This is to help you complete the registration process in a correct authentic manner.
Access to our fee-based premium services and products requires you to provide your name, and payment information. If you are in Kenya, we may also need MPesa details, phone number, and your ID to complete the payment process successfully.
Technical data Collection
As is the case with many web-based services, The Guide may collect your non-personally unidentifiable information through log files and servers. Web servers automatically create log files for configuration purposes. The data stored on a log may include your browser type, IP address, MAC address, data and time stamp, internet service provider as well as other useful information. This information is necessary for web analytics.
If you want any of our online cybercafé, web or Huduma Center services, we may require you to provide us with information necessary in successfully obtaining those services. These may include a scanned ID card, addresses, contacts, bank details and any other information needed. All the information you present to us shall be deleted after the service is delivered.
Contact information collection
Some of the features and services offered on our website may collect your contact information. The contact information collected may include your mail, name, phone number and email address.
If you are accessing The Guide from a tablet, automobile, smartphone, computer or any other device, we may collect information about those devices. For instance, our servers may take note of the browser, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, software or browser.
Use of information by and from Third Parties
- Some features and services on The Guide may require you to provide information to third parties. We may store the personal information that you choose to provide to our Third Party partners. Such features include “share,” “comment” or “like.”
- Social media websites, applications and other online service providers who partner with us may also get some of your personal information to provide personalized services to you. You have the right to control what is shared and opt out when needed.
- We may also collect, store and use information provided to us by third parties. These include service partners such as advertisers and content crawlers. Advertising partners may collect, maintain and analyze the personal information as is they all do with their other customers and potential clients. In the same way, Governmental or other constitutional authorities may use such information for purposes of demographic studies.
Any cookie that we store on your device is the first-party cookie. Such cookies help us collect information that can improve our services and give you a better experience. The cookies keep count of your interaction with our site. Such interactions include (but not limited to) return visits, advert interaction, authenticate login credentials. The cookies also assist us in analyzing and reporting statistical data.
Through cookies, we may also collect data such as the webpage that referred you to TheGuide.co.ke, the time you interacted with our website and your current IP address.
The Guide uses both session and persistent cookies. A session cookie is one that expires immediately when you close your tab and leave our website.
The persistent cookie remains saved on your device for a prolonged period.
You can always opt out of the persistent cookies and remove them from your hard disk by following the instructions provided in the “help” or “settings” section of your browser.
Noteworthy, you can still use our services without accepting our first-party cookies, but that will make most of our services and features inaccessible to you.
Third Party Cookies
Links to other websites
We prohibit the registration of minors (anyone under the age of 18 years). In case we notice that we have collected any information from a person who hasn’t reached the age of 18, we shall investigate and delete such information from our servers.
Or visit our offices,
The Guide Kenya,
Room No. 17